Friday, November 20, 2009

Steven Alan Sample Sale and Fletcher by Lyell

I treated myself to an afternoon off and headed into Manhattan around 4, wearing my black and white striped J. Crew long sleeved t, J. Crew double rhinestone necklace, black chunky cashmere double breasted Club Monaco cardigan, denim mini, black leggings, Fiorentini and Baker grey boots and my Lyell little girl peacoat. I first headed to Urban Outfitters to scope out the Fletcher items. The quality of the newer pieces is much better and I got the black top with the lace insert on my covet list (a L, M would fit but I like the drape on the L). In addition they had the cardigan with the star pattern at the top that I own in the ivory cashmere from FW 2005. It was in black, just $58 and was mainly cotton with some wool, so it came home with me too.

I then went to Steven Alan, where I later met up with Cindy. I got a shrunken blazer in a lavender/black herringbone that makes me look tall and thin and a liberty-esqe print blue cami. I wasn't awestruck by the stock--many of the shirts in my size were in colors that were not so flattering--dull plaids, yellow/pink Liberty prints (I wear a L in SA because of my shoulders). I nearly got a plaid shirt but realized it would be spending for spending's sake. After I found the jacket ($195), I put other shirts back and decided to go with the investment piece.

Cindy and I walked around a bit, checked out Save Fashion again (nothing there of note) and got dinner at Rice. Then it was home on the V-train. Somehow the TV isn't working right--no sound. I suspect either the cable isn't right or, more likely, cat interference on the remote...

6 comments:

erica said...

ooh, that sounds like the cardigan that i wanted so badly years ago! i hope my urban outfitters is carrying it, i didn't see it on the website.

a friend picked up a Heddy shirt for me at the SA sale. which jacket did you get?

leon and i are coming to nyc 10-13th, would love to see you for a little bit. maybe a lyell shopping excursion?

Marti said...

so jealous of the fletcher pieces and the SA scores. I miss that sample sale!!!

Moya said...

Erica, I got the barrel jacket--it's a cropped one with 3/4 sleeves. The cardigan isn't online yet. I'm sure they must have just come in. It is the one we wanted years ago!

I would love to meet up with you when you are in NYC and we will have to go to Lyell.

Marti, the Fletcher pieces should be coming soon to your UO. I think this is just the beginning of the next roll out. You have to check them out as they are really nice.

Moya said...

Erica--which Heddy shirt did you get?

erica said...

the blue and white Heddy, which i had posted about a while ago.

cute jacket, and for the price, too. i'm hoping to pick up a few button downs while in the city. my ribcage must have expanded because all of my reverse seams are too short now!

i'm so happy to hear that the cardigan is the much adored one. there are 2 UOs near me, so i'll have to try both.

let me know how your schedule is shaping up. we're staying with friends in the UWS. i'm planning on taking long walks and drinking tea. shopping, too, of course, but more of the window-gazing variety.

Marti said...

My urban barely got the "Mike" sweater. I am going to walk up to NW 23rd tomorrow morning however and check it out.... there are some pieces online but I hate buying things and not knowing what size I would need. The black lace top looks GREAT - I am contemplating getting it.