Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Errands

It's getting to be the busy time of year/semester. Yesterday was acupuncture (good although I confessed to my acupuncturist that I was a little down about my lack of success/progress), then German Cinema. For the last warmish day, I wore my silk top from SS 06, Lyell scallop skirt, gray cashmere Vince cardi (my stalwart cardigan) and Ludovine with blue tights and the Jeffrey Campbell wedges.

Today was a day full of work, errands and some frustrations. I started applying for jobs in between teaching/prep/writing/grading, and have to finish this by Friday as the deadlines are fast approaching. I missed the gym due to an ebay auction (a frustrating loss) and an increasingly complex craigslist furniture purchase/pick up. Everything was ready to go with a coffee table we're getting (one with drawers to maximize storage) until the seller emailed to say that her building only allowed furniture to be moved between 9-4 and needed to see the mover's insurance and bonding certificates. A flurry of emails followed but the net result--moving the table tonight--was not to be. Then I went to meet one of my grad students at 6.30, treating myself to a grey pearl bead and grey rhinestone necklace from J. Crew's sale and two plates ($3.95 each) from anthropologie.

Net result; no coffee table, no completed job apps, no gym,  and no completed book (still trying to finish proofing). I also have that nagging sense that NYU really should have given me a research assistant this semester---I really do need one.

Oh, and no Mayle either today (unless you count Olympe, which I wore during my trip to see my very nice grad student). Earnest Sewn Ginger skinny jeans, silk plaid gathered Steven Alan shirt, and a black round neck Inhabit cashmere sweater.

No comments: