Sunday, November 22, 2009

Back to Mayle

As today was going to be one of those days where I sat at home, graded, prepared my materials for this week's classes, I knew I could afford to start breaking in a new pair of shoes. To be more precise, I'm trying to break in a pair of black Chi Mihara ankle boots that I got in the Saks sale about a year ago and have never worn out. They seem like they could be comfortable and may even be a wardrobe stalwart, but they are a little stiff and need to be worn in before I venture out into the city streets.

As pajamas and boots aren't a great look (even for sitting on the computer and typing), I had to dress up a little. So I put on black Rosamelia (I had the ruffle removed), black Gloria cardi (SS 06), blue-green Hue tights and the boots. I still wish Jane had made the body of the Rosamelia a little longer--without the ruffle (which I kept), it is a tad shorter than I'd like. It''s not so much length but proportion--styled wrongly, the skirt is short and wide. But with Gloria, it seems to work pretty well. The boots also help. This is a dress that can be vastly improved with the right shoes and accessories. If Jane had made it without the ruffle so it hit just above the knee, I think it would have been vastly more popular. There's a lot of work to it and the bodice is great, as are the sleeves.

3 comments:

lorochills said...

hey i love the idea of dressing on the days you do not need to.. i wanna try to do this more...it definitely puts you in the right mindset...thank you for the inspiration

Thessaly said...

Moya--I'd love to see pictures of you in this dress, am so curious about the removed ruffle! Sounds like you pulled it off with the right additions.

Moya said...

I have to get a new camera or get Evan to take some pictures of this one. I'd also like other people's feedback on whether on not it works.