Monday, November 30, 2009

Cyber Monday

So, I finish off the month with 24 posts, not bad considering my workload and Thanksgiving! Today was another crazy day, one with unexpected high and low spots.

I guess the high spots were my cyber Monday finds. Evan reminded me to check some of these out last night. GNC had 35% off for its Gold Card holders so I stocked up on my vitamins and supplements for this month and the beginning of next (as I'll be in the UK). I ended up saving $42. Evan's sister (a doctor) recommended against cod liver oil because of mercury and overdosing on Vitamin D, so I have to look for fish oil which GNC doesn't stock. Co-enzyme Q-10 wasn't on sale, otherwise I'm set for another month. Thank goodness for my FSA which helps offset these costs, acupuncure and my herbs.

My other cyber Monday find was the Inhabit cashmere sale. I like this brand, particularly its more imaginative knits, although I find some of their pieces pill a little too much and their customer service can be dicey (to put it mildly). But the prices were so low--80% off some pieces, plus free shipping, that I couldn't resist. The cold weather has started and reminds me I need more sweater options. So I got the following.



 I got this in a dark brown. I liked it before but it was $578 and now $118.

 

This will be versatile and was only $68 (down from over $300). I got it in a tan and will likely wear it with a variety of other layering pieces. At that price, who can resist.

After logging out and paying, I spotted this one for $98, down from $475. Another soft cashmere piece, this looks so warm, cozy and different. I like imaginative knits and this fit the bill so I took the plunge, again. I got it in a brownish lavender color. It has long attached sleeves under the shorter sleeves so it should be warm.



Then I heard about a Mayle striped sweater, which I ended up getting too thanks to a very dear and kind friend. Of course it was also in a variety of browns! So I'm probably stocked up on brown sweaters now. Inhabit also have another cashmere cardigan for $58 but it is time to stop on this binge now.

Low points--same as ever, too much work, etc. All the things I'm working on are still goals to continue working towards. Still, at least I'll be warm while striving for them.



No comments: