Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Catching up Day

Today was one of those days where I realized that I had to manage the little things that had been stressing me out. So I answered emails, cleaned up my desk, filed away old lecture notes, and realized that it was dark before I knew it. I didn't make it to the gym which means I must go on Friday. Overall, today was not a remarkable day, one of those that barely warrants blogging about.

Clothes-wise, today I didn't wear Mayle. Instead it was my black and white striped long sleeved J. Crew t worn beneath my Roland Mouret for Gap short sleeved black mini dress. That was one of the best designer collaborations yet it was so low key as to be almost invisible. One day I'd love to own a real Roland Mouret dress. The sleeves on this gap one are amazing and the dress has held up really well to a lot of wear. Much better than any of the CFDA collaborations since, which were not helped by the strictures of white shirt/khakis. In my opinion, it's far better to let designers work in other fabrics and colors, particularly those that are more flattering and stand u better to repeated washing and wear.

3 comments:

Marti said...

I never saw those RM dresses. I bet you looked adorable!

lorochills said...

moya-great with the blogging i want to be better at it ...its nice to enter something each day..thank you for keeping up..

Moya said...

The RM dresses were great. I think they had 5 in the US and 7-8 in England (one of my favorites never made it over here). I got two of the dresses, one with folded short sleeves is one of my favorites.

Thanks Loretta! I'm trying to be good about this. It's one more thing I'm trying to save time for each day and do it. If I can do that with everything I need to do, then I'll be really happy!