Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Going to the Moon

Over the last 24 hours, I've had to deal with no end of unexpected stresses. First of all, my health insurance denied acupuncture claims going back to September, claiming that my acupuncturist did not submit them in time. I have no idea what this means, other than I may have to pay/appeal/give up acupuncture at a time when that was far from my plan. Even if it works out, it is a time suck I don't need. Added to that, some readings I thought I had scanned for my class appear not to be scanned and the book is out of the library--and I need them by tomorrow. And there is a possibility I wasn't paid for some teaching I did last semester--at least according to my W2. And I'm just way too busy at this time of the semester to do any extra digging. I also found out that NY State taxes are due on April 15, not April 18, so it matters not that the federal forms have three extra days (that I needed and was counting on) as I still have to have taxes filed by then. And neither of my banks have sent me interest notification. And for some reason last night, Warner Archives couldn't process my debit card--and I should have a lot of money in that account. So I tried. And tried again, and then with another browser and got the same results. So that's something I'm trying not to worry about

So, when my friend Ashley mentioned she was planning a trip to the moon, I decided to go along. Hopefully there are kittens and puffy pillows up there as I need a rest!

7 comments:

erica said...

just sent you a text, moya.

that really really stinks about your health insurance. when it rains, it pours, right?

Moya said...

thanks so much, Erica. I just replied to your text. I am shocked about the health insurance--especially as I had no problems with them for the last 2 years. Hopefully that can be sorted out, but you never know with these kinds of things. So much for trying to limit stress and get work done.

erica said...

exactly! i find that my recent efforts to minimize stress have only increased it. i don't understand why things have to be so complicated. insurance companies will do anything they can to avoid paying in spite of the thousands we give them every year. so frustrating!

jennifer said...

ugh, how awful! i hope you're able to get everything sorted out as painlessly and quickly as possible.

Marti said...

hey moya its mecury retrograde - believe me I know how crazy things are. jon just got admitted to hospital - long story that will be up on my blog. but things will get better. Is oxford your provider? I find if you call and talk to a supervisior they will work with you.

swinny said...

i hear there's gold up there. we'll be fine.

http://mmimageslarge.moviemail-online.co.uk/22508_Woman-In-The-M-11.jpg

Moya said...

Thank you, everybody. The insurance is sort of sorted out--inasmuch as I won't have to pay but whether my acupuncturist will get paid is still up in the air. I have Oxford and while they are supposed to be good, I've heard that they have been trying to wrangle out of claims recently (via my acupuncturist).

Marti--I am so sorry to hear about Jon. I really hope he feels better soon and that you and Max are doing OK. That puts my stresses in perspective.

Ashley--we'll be women in the moon together--I have the original 1920s movie tie in book that I'll show you later in the week.