Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bad Girl

I've had a chaotic last couple of weeks, doing things that I have to do even if they terrify me, working on papers and grading, grading, grading.

So, perhaps I can be excused for slipping. I checked into my Gilt Group cart today to check that the RC boots were still there. They were. As was the Jeffrey Monteiro dress from Fall that I placed in said cart months ago--only now it was $100 cheaper at $79. I clicked on it, found another one I liked, added that, and, as the boots are returnable (albeit for a credit) if they don't fit, they went in too. $340 later, I have the following coming:


This is the dress that I wanted from the Fall JM collection. I got an 8 as the top looks loose but of course, this is where Gilt is tough. Do I need the 8 or 10? Last time I bought from there, I got an 8 and a 10 and of course the 10 was huge.


I also got this dress in a cobalt blue. It was $99 from $620. The Gilt pictures are better. I opted for the 10 as this laces up the back but maybe should alter that order to an 8 for the self-same reason. Here's the Gilt image.


And here's the back:


8 comments:

jennifer said...

These are great finds! I hope they fit! Buying things on final sale always makes me nervous.

Marti said...

with JM I always go large. that said i am sure they will look lovely on you!

Marti said...

Moya what is the link to JM? its so not listed on their site (JM that is)

Moya said...

It was hidden--I had the dress in my cart and they are personal recommendations. I'd call them.

These are returnable if they don't fit.

i.rene said...

The blue dress is really pretty. I've never tried JM before. How does their sizing run in comparison with, e.g. J.Crew? I'm usually between an 6 and 10.

Moya said...

Jeffrey Monteiro's sizing varies, i.rene but it tends to run a tiny bit big. I have 6-8s and they fit and I'm a 608-10 in J. Crew. I would hazard that an 8 should be fine but the size 10 laces up the back so you could loosen the style or tighten it up. These dresses are returnable (I think) and can be viewed under the Gilt women's sale tab.

i.rene said...

thanks, moya! i took the plunge.

Moya said...

Great! I hope it works out for you. Let us know if you like it.