Thursday, May 19, 2011

Restraining Myself

Tonight I followed an auction for a blue Rachel Comey dress from a couple of summers back. I love the print, the lines and think it would have looked good on me. I placed my bid in the last few seconds, another bid, then another quickly followed. Perhaps they were from snipers, perhaps they were live bidders and I could have won, but instead I stopped. It would have been lovely and I would have worn it for sure, but I've been bad recently and sometimes, you just have to recognize that you can't have everything.

On that note, I am going to purge some items soon--never worn shoes (Prada, Miu Miu, Marc Jacobs) in size 40, my Rachel Comey silk sailor dress which never really fit me and was never worn (my big thighs make shirtwaister dresses difficult), a couple of other Rachel Comey and Mayle pieces amongst others. Watch this spot for details. I have yet to go through everything I have but I'm learning that to have more new clothes, I have to sell some of the ones I already own and don't wear/never wore.

And maybe that Rachel Comey dress, or another in that pattern, will come up again and make it into my closet.

No comments: