Thursday, June 17, 2010

Work and Play

I'm trying to balance the two right now, athough I think the former will start to dominate by next week. Today, I met Caroline for lunch at Lovely Day cafe on Elizabeth Street, which was aptly named, before we visited both INAs (and Caroline found a fabulous Mayle dress from SS 2007--the brown and white gingham frock with spaghetti straps as well as a great Marc Jacobs collection shirt). Then we hit the NYU computer store as we're both looking to get new Macs. From there, I went to the library, checked out 14 books and continued planning this first sample chapter. After reading a few chapters from said books, I realize I may need to scale back some of my ambitions as nobody seems to try to cover as much as I do in just one chapter. Then I went to yoga and watched some terrible (and fun) TV--including Toddlers and Tiaras. All in all, a good day. Tomorrow I have to start my FSA so I can get my reimbursement. I hate doing these things but I've put it off long enough as it's due in 2 weeks. Otherwise I forfeit the best part of $1,000 which I can use for most of that new MacBook Pro.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

Sounds like a wonderful and productive day! I love Lovely Day, so tasty.

Marti said...

I wish I had been able to check that place out last time I was in town. Caroline's dress is a total score. PS PLEASE cash my check on 7/1.