Monday, June 7, 2010

Vain and Vapid

I've been a fan of Vain and Vapid's simple, almost 1960s-New Wave/schoolgirl silhouettes for some time, but always missed out on getting dresses. The last update was no different--I was watching Sex and the City 2 with Ben, Brynn and Vanessa when the shop was updated and the dress I wanted had sold out.

Today was a little different. I was home when the shop was updated. And I was able to score the dress I wanted, which reminds me a little of Mayle or Lewis. It's cotton, it covers my shoulders and is nice and roomy so it will protect me from sunburn. It's pale gray with a white stripes so it will keep me cool and not get as dirty as a plain self-colored dress. Added to that, it was just $118 plus postage--and it went to an individual, running her own small local business.

5 comments:

Marti said...

Moya- that dress is so cute.. now what did you think of the movie?

jennifer said...

what a gorgeous dress! it is quite reminiscent of mayle and lewis, but much more affordable.

Rose said...

Hi Moya,
just wanted to let you know that Gilt has a Jeffrey Monteiro sale today! Good luck,
Rose

Unknown said...

what is vain and stupid? also it's caroline and i think/believe we should get lunch sometime next week. maybe thursday? or friday?

Moya said...

Thanks so much, Rose. I got two dresses and now I hope they fit (fingers crossed)!

Caroline-both Thursday and Friday work for me--text me and let me know what you prefer. Vain and Vapid is an etsy store but she's selling through another site right now. I'll look for her blog/etsy address and post it here.