Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Last Summer

I did many things in Summer 2009--taught summer school, went home for three weeks, moved apartments and did some writing. One thing I didn't manage to do was finish the book, which is something I hope to accomplish this week. For some odd reason, sitting here and looking at treetops against a sunny sky makes me feel homesick and want to be back in England (a land of gardens, even in London). So here are a few images of summer at home from last year. From top to bottom, the North Norfolk Coast (including Evan and my parents), woodlands, my brother's house, Evan, Evan, me and a carved squirrel, London and a truly terrible picture of Sarah and me.

4 comments:

jennifer said...

What beautiful weather and scenery! Your vacation last year looks like it was a lot of fun. Will you guys be going back again this summer?

Good luck finishing the book!

Cindy said...

I love your pics! Come home for a little bit soon, I would demand an opp to visit!!

Moya said...

I'm hoping. Mum and Dad are planning a NYC visit but if I can, I want to get back this summer--and see you, Cindy. We'll have to coordinate so I don't visit when you are in NYC!

joyce said...

Those images of the shore are breathtaking. What I wouldn't give to be able to go to a beach soon.