Friday, June 25, 2010

Birthdays

It's my birthday today and I've spent the day wondering what to do, how to mark the day. But somehow the day got away from me--I spoke to my parents for an hour, Evan's sister, her husband and children ad then another friend for thirty minutes, received and replied to several emails and birthday texts, spent an hour IMing with my brother and then it was 4 p.m. By that time, I couldn't make it to the Natural History Museum or MoMA, so it looks like dinner with friends and maybe bowling will be the way I mark the day. I did get some work done, but overall, I fear I just relaxed, listened to four hours of Ricky Gervais (happy birthday to him), Stephen Merchant and Karl Pilkington and probably wasted the day! But the expectation for birthdays may be too high for any of us to sustain after the age of 10 or so. So maybe this was the best way to spend the day.

8 comments:

Cindy said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! I hope you have a lovely remainder of a birthday, a lot can happen yet. ;)

erica said...

enjoy the rest of your birthday, moya!

i stopped celebrating a while ago, mainly because it's hard to feel cheery in the middle of january. hope you have a relaxing evening with friends!

joyce said...

happy birthday, moya! i'm so glad you found some time just to do nothing but relax.

LivKate said...

HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday Moya!!! I hope you have a great day. Cannot wait to see you on Monday!

XOXO, Monica

Marti said...

Happy Birthday!!! I hope you had an amazing day and wore something fabulous. Here is to the next year. I hope you get everything you wish for!

jennifer said...

Happy birthday, Moya! It sounds like you had a pretty nice day despite the lack of major festivities.

lorochills said...

happy happy belated!!!.. i hope the bday weekend has been well...

c u on monday!!!

C L said...

Happy belated Birthday Moya!
Hope you had a great day :)