Friday, June 18, 2010

Finally

Yesterday morning, my Liberty of London for Target cotton nightie finally arrived. Despite my frustrations with the (low) quality of these collaborations, their poor distribution and the bizarre decision to make most of the Liberty collection in synthetic fabrics, I have to admit I'm really pleased with this nightie. The cotton is reasonably good, the prints are lovely and it fits just right.

This will be a nice complement to my Anthro cotton nighties as the evenings get warmer. I saw a girl wearing one as a dress in Jackson Heights--which I wouldn't recommend as it (a) looks like a nightie and (b) is really not thick enough to wear outside. For $17.99 this is a steal, runs true to size (I got a M) and it is still available online.

Other than that, I've been working and stressing out about the FSA and a grant form that I have to get cosigned by Monday at 11 am or I don't get paid for a research project--and I'm not sure I can find the principle investigator by then. This wasn't a case of me procrastinating--but the university not contacting me until yesterday at 4 p.m. It's funny how minor stressors can wake you up at 5 am.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

I agree with you on the quality of the Liberty clothing for target. I bought one top, but returned it for that reason. On the other hand, I have a few pieces of the lingerie, which I love. The next collaboration is Tucker by Gaby Basora, she uses 100% silk for her main line. I am hoping Target does not go cheap on the fabric quality.

Cindy said...

Moya, that took a dang long time - didn't you write about ordering Liberty pieces a month ago? Go Target! Good luck with your reimbursements, I hope everything works out.

CC - I like Tucker blouses (who doesn't?) and am hoping the fabric doesn't ruin the collab! I feel that her pieces will translate well into cotton or jersey.

Marti said...

Moya-
Zac Posen is ON SALE and there is tons of stuff if you want me to look for you