Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sylvestre pics coming soon

Work has been hectic the last day or so, but when I get home later this afternoon, I will post my first Sylvestre pictures. Some aren't great--Evan took some of me but was having problems with my camera. I turned the flash off to keep the colors true but you need a really steady hand and know how to brace yourself for this to work. I can do it, but I have more experience with photography and filmmaking. I took some pictures of the details while wearing the dress and having it lie flat. I think it is my favorite piece (so far) from the re-editions. I just wish I'd not missed out on the size 10 Theodora on elux. That dress runs very narrow in the cuffs and skirt so I'm hoping for a return.

7 comments:

jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jennifer said...

hi moya,

ugh, i have no idea what happened to my first comment, but i just wanted to say that i recently discovered your blog and really appreciate the mayle updates! can't wait to see your pics of the silvestre dress. i just ordered one in the grey garden print!

thanks,
jennifer

Marti said...

Moya, I think that Mayle recut a zillion of them. I bet they have it at the sample sale. for like $150

Moya said...

Hi Marti--they did, but only up to size 6!! I can't believe that they didn't go up to a 10 on this item as it ran small. The only people I heard asking for it needed the larger sizes while the small ones sat there, largely unwanted.

joyce said...

hi moya! i just got my own sylvestre yesterday and adore it. the size 4 has worked out really well and i love the villa rita print. the buttons were just as cute as you said they were. all in all, after looking at photos of the re-editions, i'm so glad i got this piece. can't wait to see your pix soon!

pine said...

Moya, I can't wait to see your photo!

Leanne: I returned Tama size 4 to e luxury today, so look out for it. It was a tad too tight on me, and also a bit short, but otherwise a beautiful dress. Hope it works out for you.

Moya said...

Jennifer--thanks for your kind comment!

Joyce--I am so pleased you like your dress--I think Sylvestre was my favorite of the recuts.

I'm about to post pictures. Just looking for my camera now.