Saturday, March 7, 2009

Going into Mayle later

Although I don't think there is much in my size--Doris very kindly walked me through what they had yesterday in 6 and 8 over the phone--I can't resist popping in after everybody's great descriptions. It's a nice day in NYC--I'm in Mirabelle in black and my monogram clogs--so if I don't get anything today (likely), I can at least dream about what they have in store. I'd love a purple or gold dress as mentioned and those seem to be there, something green, something patchwork. Number one, however, would be a cotton jumper dress like the one from Summer 06 I so craved.

More later tonight, I promise... I imagine the lack of size 8 will restrain me more than my credit limit (alas).

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Moya - no jumpers (sad face), but please try on that billowy purple or bronze metallic dress. Doris was wearing it yesterday and I think you'll love it. Very Lanvin.

Moya said...

I will. Do you remember how much it was and what sizes they had? These pieces really interested me, but they maybe the ones Doris said ran small in the shoulders (where I'm big).

Were there any lace-trimmed pieces left? I can't wear all lace because it attracts chalk dust?

Thank you, Cindy!

Moya said...

They sold out of the purple but have pink and bronze versions of that dress left, Cindy. I'm heading in around 3 and hope I get one. It's going to be another bad month for my credit cards, that's for sure...

LivKate said...

Moya,
How did it go? Did you pick anything up at Mayle today? I was told that they were expecting additional items on Tuesday or Wednesday. I am really saddened that there will be no baby billies -- I really regret not buying it -- fortunately, I have the larger one.

Hi Cindy,
Doris must have been switching her outfits, when I was there she was wearing Astrid -- she looked adorable.

Cindy said...

Moya, how'd it go?! I am sad that the purple dress was sold out - I didn't look at the price or style name of that dress (because I was desperately clutching 3 different Mitsus, debating with Doris about which I should buy with closing 20 minutes away). The dress looked amazing on Doris. I think it will absolutely fit because the shoulder has a certain slouchiness. If you didn't get to the shop today or will re-visit soon, I advise you to try on everything because I think you'll be surprised by how things fit. I think that the majority of pieces could be sized up or down with relative ease.

BTW, the lace pieces were predominately lace, I don't remember seeing anything lace-trimmed...

LivKate - yes, Doris did change out of Astrid!