Saturday, August 14, 2010

Mayle for Sale

After much soul searching I've decided to go gently and part with a couple of summer items first--I will be selling my Fabienne vest from Fall 08 too as it has never been worn, but I'm starting with two pieces that duplicate other items in my closet. As a result, they have rarely been worn. Nonetheless, I will (of course) dry clean both pieces before I ship them out. Both are in excellent shape.

First, the Nieves dress, size 6. This is the limited re-edition version of the Nieves top from SS 08. It's made of the black dalmatia silk which I also have in my Josie romper and have found to be very practical and hard wearing. It has pockets in both sides (a big selling point that alone nearly led me to keep it) and falls just above the knee. The top has the same embroidery finish as the Nieves blouse--in this version of the dress, it's black on black. This is a great easy dress. As for sizing, I'd say it would fit anybody in the 6-8 range. It is not lined, by the way, which makes it great for warm summer days. It also looks great worn as a jumper or with a cardigan. I can also send more photos--it's so tough to capture the details on a black dress.








I lightened this photo to show the detail and the yoke. I did the same with the picture below--apologies for the focus problems.




Second is the ivory and yellow Anais from SS 07. This dress is made of a thicker cotton blend and has an Asian inspired cut. It is fully lined and has a stand up collar. There is a little piece of fabric that can be used to bridge the front opening, or it can be worn without it. It runs a little small (I have the 10 in two colorways) and is shorter than the Nieves. I'd say it would fit an 8, even a 6, as well as a small 10. I'm tall--5'9" or so--and on me it runs to about mid thigh. It's a good spring/summer dress and would transition nicely into fall with tights and boots. It has beautiful workmanship and detailing, most notably on the beaded collar but also on the short slits on both sides (about 2 inches long) which are trimmed with the same fabric.



 And here's a picture of the dress on a mannequin to give you an idea of the drape:


I'm open to offers on both. I'd prefer to sell than trade if possible. The black dress sold but if you are interested in the ivory please leave a comment below.

1 comment:

Village Maternity said...

Are you selling the Josie romper??