Thursday, December 4, 2008

Resort is up online


This blog wasn't supposed to be devoted solely to Mayle. My obsession will be temporary and other aspects of fashion/life will be featured. But right now, I'm in love with the Betto dress in gray and the Jacinthe dress (the lavender dress I've been obsessing over). I also love the Asina top. The lookbook is up on Mayle's site. I love Jacinthe although I think it might make me look pregnant and really hope I can get it.

I didn't make it to Mayle today--and it may just be as well. I decided to check Barneys stock first as they currently have better reductions. They have yet to receive resort--which gives me hope that eluxury may get more Mayle in soon. They have no further reductions on Mayle, but have received another Yves dress in rose (size 6, I believe), and they have several more Enikos in Ivory Paradiso. I suspect they are consolidating stock from elsewhere. Lots of Ebba so I assume I can get it in black at least for around 70-80% off--that is, if I still want it. Curiously they seem to have sold out of all Mayle sweaters--they had a lot of Riri and Jeanne in black last week--all pilling. Holiday doesn't seem to be selling, other than Zora. I suspect it is because it is all in black and doesn't include the beautiful blouses like Hera and Athena.

Other than that, I went to the Inhabit cashmere sample sale. It wasn't as great as last year when I got 8 sweaters for $400. Almost all the cashmere was $80. It was mainly the same sale stock up on their website, although there were a couple more styles and, curiously, fewer colors than online. I got a black fitted round neck cashmere sweater that I'll wear until it falls apart, an oval necked navy sweater and a very soft gray cardigan with very long sleeve, pointelle detailing and cropped at the back (I wish they didn't do that but it is beautiful otherwise).

Sorry about the lack of images here. I cannot work out how to copy images from the Mayle site.

Update: Impulse has some more resort in--so hopefully eluxury will follow. I borrowed their image of the Betto dress. They also have the Dezhra blouse and some accessories.

12 comments:

Biscuit said...

hi moya-

i agree that the jacinthe dress is amazing. i wonder if any other retailers are going to carry it. i think if there's one thing i would buy full price, it would be that or melia in black.

i love the shape of betto, but i wish it weren't in a sweatshirt material. but maybe it looks different in real life?

there have been so many tempting sample sales lately. i have mostly switched over to holiday shopping, but am still keeping an eye on online sites (and cursing la garconne).

Moya said...

I agree with you about the Betto. I have a horrible feeling the Jacinthe may be a store exclusive. I just can't afford $600 as much as I want it.

I have been avoiding sample sales too, other than Inhabit, which always gets me set up for basic winter sweaters. I've just been surfing the sites that stock Mayle and found nothing. Maybe Barneys will stock Jacinthe and I can get it there on sale.

Thanks for the Rocio tip, by the way. It had sold by the time I looked at it. I think that it must be the same one that keeps selling and then being returned--I can't think of another reason why it appears and disappears like that.

Christina said...

Did you guys ever own a skort? I couldn't bring myself to wear Nia....not so forgiving especially if it's in silk. Got my eye on Melia and Jacinthe.
If shopbop gets the Romy and Agnes bags, I'm getting those when they go on sale, if they last.

This final collection is gorgeous and the graphic quality makes it so appealing. I'm loving those black shoes the model is wearing but they are distracting. Anyone know if they are Mayle? I know it's a lookbook but I wish there were magnified shots or at least high resolution images since there are so many details involved. You guys in NY are lucky you are able to see these garments in person, not to mention all those sample sales. Here in dallas, we are deprived of brands like Mayle and Lyell. Thankfully, I found this blog to feed my obsession.

If anyone spots an Odette in a size 2 at 50% off, please let me know! Bird has it but it's still $659...I just can't pay that much.
christina

Moya said...

Hi Christina,

Mayle no longer makes shoes--I agree, they are lovely but I have no idea who made them. The bags are now online at eluxury--maybe they'll go on sale sometime over the summer! I want the Agnes if it gets reduced to around $250.

I have a friend, Chris, in Dallas (I used to live in Houston). I thought there was a boutique there that stocked Mayle but I may be wrong. I am going to look at the resort collection in the next day or so and I will post back on my findings. Jacinthe and Melia are my favorites now I have found out that Betto is in sweatshirt fabric. I originally hoped it would be regular cotton.

If I see Odette anywhere in a 2 I will let you know. I love mine--I prefer it to Ludovine.

Biscuit said...

Hi,

VOD in Dallas stocks Mayle. I don't know if they're getting resort or if they even had holiday, but they definitely had fall (but not Odette). Christina, if you find out, will you let us know?

According to Christina at the Mayle shop, there are going to be shoes again this season, just the clog and one other style.

Christina said...

Thanks for letting me know about VOD. I'll definitely let you guys know about resort and any sales they may have going on.

Moya said...

Hi Christina,

I just emailed VOD and they got back to me--evidently they have a lot of Mayle and have holiday/resort. You may want to look in there this weekend and report back to all of us! Any sale pieces from earlier seasons in big sizes (for me), small for Susie and medium sizes for Erica would likely be of interest--as well as any information about their new stock.

Have a great weekend.

Christina said...

I made it to VOD today 10 mins to closing so I will have to go back very soon. One of the owners was telling me that she has been receiving a lot of inquiries for Mayle from all over.
Moya, I told her about your blog and she wrote it down. She mentioned that she may post pictures of available stock so we can shop since they currently don't have ecommerce.

The sale rack (50% off) had two Gia camis in ivory size 0, one Reiko dress in buttercup, one Kaiya top in buttercup, one Yves dress in rose size 0, one Ninon and a cream plain sweater which I don't know the style. Sorry, I didn't get sizes on everything. There were some fall pieces not on sale like the Olympe and Hilaire. I tried on the Olympe coat and fell in love. It's so warm! I think I will get it when it is marked down further since it is easier to find. Odette sold out a long time ago. Most of the good stuff on sale was sold out...boo hoo

Spotted tons of holiday and resort...several Desra, Nia, one Astrid, one Betto in grey, one Thea in putty, one Marius (so gorgeous) and many black tops. I didn't have time to catch all the sizes in our favorite pieces but noticed there was a majority of smaller sizes. Didn't see Jemeen or Melia. They received resort two weeks ago and all the accessories are already SOLD OUT!

VOD posted today about Mayle on their blog...keep an eye out for more posts

http://vod-v-o-d.blogspot.com/

V.O.D. said...

Hello everyone! I have a store in Dallas called v.o.d. and we have some great pieces of Jane Mayle in stock. We are so sad to be losing Mayle... but if you want to browse what we have left we are putting a little something together that I can send you. We want all of this to go to good homes since it's not going to be around anymore. Email us at : Talk@vodboutique.com if you'd like to see what we have!

mel said...

hi everyone-

i need some help on the olympe coat sizing. how is this running? thanks!

Biscuit said...

it runs true to size, or you can take one size up if you want it to be a bit slouchier (due to the style of the coat, it also looks nice a bit looser in the shoulders). good luck!

mel said...

susie-

do you have the olympe coat? if so, can i ask you what size you normally take in mayle dresses and what size you bought in the coat! thx!!!