Saturday, December 20, 2008

Mayle at Opening Ceremony

Just a brief note--they have spring/summer 08 Mayle stock at the Opening Ceremony sample sale in New York. It is cash only and according to racked.com they have dresses, including in size 4. I can't make it with grading and my upcoming flight, but it might be worth checking out. I doubt that they will have much in my size as OC LA seems to only stock size 0-6.

I am going to check out Barneys before leaving for the UK so I'll report back on what I find.

2 comments:

erica said...

it's too bad i can't make the sample sale.

this weather certainly has dampened my holiday shopping mood, though. i was going to venture downtown for last minute presents, but now i think i'll stay inside with a cup of tea and do a bit of writing.

the grading, alas, will have to happen on the plane next week.

regarding your 'perfectionist' students, i have one that still hasn't turned in a paper. i gave him a 1 week extension, and now it's officially 1 week overdue. sigh. smart kid, but at a certain point, he needs to realize that he has to give me something, anything.

i hope your grading blitz is nearly over now.

Moya said...

The weather has also dampened my shopping fervor--I wanted to make it to Steven Alan before I left but the thought of trudging through snow, sleet and ice repelled me. Instead, I've graded and spent time with the cats.

One of my perfectionists admitted he had found the exam difficult and reluctantly handed over what he had. As usual, it was A work. I'm still waiting on the other.

My grading blitz has to be done today. I have all these Christmas presents that I have to pack--as well as my own clothing--and have no room for student papers. I still think I could fall afoul of bag limits. I won't check bags on BA as they lost my bag once, complete with Lyell, SA and Mayle basics that I thought I'd never see again.

I hope your writing went well--staying in with a cup of tea is most appealing right now.