Thursday, December 18, 2008

Christmas shopping

This week's shopping has been for others. Yesterday, I went to Banana Republic with Evan to get him some clothes--my parents wanted me to get his present as the deals are still better here, despite changes in the exchange rate. They had a deal where you spend $125 and get $50 off. He managed to buy 7 items for that--quite a difference from my shopping. I also got some adorable items from Baby Gap for my new niece. If I was less suspicious/wary, I'd have got some of them for my hoped for future child, but that will have to wait.

I haven't been back to Barneys this week--it is clear that somebody purchased Marion and my scouring the 7th and 8th floor on Saturday was all in vain. I doubt there will be much more in the way of reductions--even then, they'll likely be on items like Kaori that I already own (and for which I paid over $200 more than Barneys is charging). I had hoped to get the leather Billie Doux from shopbop, but they sold out before reducing it one more time. I'd like a Jeanne bag, but again, I'll wait and see if they go down further.

V.O.D. sent me their list of Mayle stock. They have some deals on fall items that are sold out elsewhere but they only have the small sizes. I'll post what they have soon--right now, I have to get back to grading!

2 comments:

nevin said...

I was in Barneys yesterday and there were further markdowns (sabbia top- 129, multiple sizes). I love that top just for the buttons at the front to bring in the waist.. details that delight..Still first markdown on Eunice pants (309), which are surprisingly great on even if one is not super skinny. And the weight of the fabric drapes so nicely

Thank you for posting the V.O.D items as well!

What do you think about Jeffrey Monteiro? (i read he is/was a designer for Mayle). Barneys had some of his items but I am 50/50 on them

Moya said...

Thanks, Nevin. I am going to to check Barneys out today. I also love the details on Mayle--one of the things I'll miss is the functional buttons in surprisingly beautiful places.

I will also have to look at the other markdowns.

I like the Jeffrey Monteiro I've seen but not as much as Mayle.