Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Steven Alan Sale



My good resolutions seem to be crumbling--at least my shopping ones. I just checked out the Steven Alan page to accompany my morning coffee. He has 80% off all scarves and hats. I just bought the button hat in navy for $29--it's the one Erica has--and the red and gray striped beret for $19. Both are cashmere and both are beautiful. I decided to order online and swallow the $9 shipping as I didn't want to miss either and because I can't take today off to shop. That said, I have to get to a Steven Alan soon--maybe this weekend--to see what they have left.

Also, in shopping news, Eluxury finally marked Mayle down by 40%. They also have another 20% off all sale items. I'm wondering about the fall blouses but somehow $200 seems a lot for them. I really want Zora and Hera, which they don't have, and want to see what is left in Barneys and Mayle before I go for a top that may not look good against my too fair skin.

3 comments:

erica said...

so glad you got a SA button hat, too! i love wearing it, especially in the fall and early spring. the beret is gorgeous, and at those prices, how can you not?

definitely wait and see what's left at Barneys and Mayle before ordering anything at eluxury.

feeling slightly annoyed about the Eniko, but i'm just going to have to live with myself.

i wonder if and when Totokaelo is going to do further markdowns? sigh, best not to think too much about shopping.

Moya said...

Yes, I feel slightly annoyed about my Eniko, Kaori and even Odette. I spent way more money in Mayle than I should have--I could have got it all so much cheaper. Still, Odette has been worn a lot and I may have saved (at best) $100 there.

As you mentioned in your purge post the other day, we made mistakes and cannot dwell on them. And, yes, it is best not to think too much about shopping.

Totokaeolo's markdowns are good but they never have larger sizes. I may see if I can pick something up from them but I am holding off until I visit Barneys and Mayle.

Are you going to get another button hat? I wish I had bought two berets--one for my sister-in-law. Still, if I get to SA this weekend and they still have them, I'll get one for her there.

erica said...

i think i'll stick with my brown button hat for now, although that beret is mighty tempting.

it's so hard to let go of these things, but i'm trying my best. i did love wearing the Eniko for the baby shower, but I probably won't wear it again for quite awhile, what with a drooling chubby baby to take care of.

the good thing is that we continually learn from our mistakes. hopefully i'm becoming a better consumer. your odette is truly lovely, and it's nice that you've had about two months to wear it already.

good luck with the rest of your writing today. i'm trying to do the same.