Sunday, November 16, 2008

More Mayle!


So Susie confirms what I had initially been told--Mayle will have another, final collection for resort! It ships in December. I'm hoping this means a lot more reductions on Fall. It seems like the coats are flying out of stores, but the dresses are not, likely because the coats are a better investment and relatively a lot cheaper. I'll confirm this when I pop into Mayle on Monday.

So, no sign of my ebay package (which worries me a little as it was mailed from Manhattan on Wednesday). I ordered Ludovine and Aiko from Odessa, both in black, as my extensive web/store searching suggested I may not get either as cheap. I'm a huge fan of cardigans and coats and likely don't need that many more but with NYC weather, I wear them all the time and it means my older coats--like my beloved Mayle peacoat--will last longer as I can rotate them in and out.

3 comments:

erica said...

i'm so glad you got both the ludovine and aiko! i was thinking about the aiko, but i have too many heavy cardigans like it already. and no to more coats. i would have to be nuts considering how many i already own.

i was all set to order the veva until matthew voiced his ambivalence about it. he and i don't always agree on my clothing purchases, but lately i've been feeling more anxious about striking out on my own.

grading is done for now! i've been taking the past 3 days 'off' to recover from the previous three weeks. hope all is well in academia-land, and otherwise...

Biscuit said...

i think i am going to go ahead and order ludovine, since i need a longer-length fall coat (well, i guess "need" is really a relative term) in addition to a heavier coat. i have lived on the east coast all my life (including a three-year stint in boston), and i still have yet to find a good winter coat!

erica, it doesn't seem like veva will sell out quickly, and maybe it will make it to 70% off. that might help your (and matthew's) ambivalence?

moya, let us know what you find out at the shop today!

Moya said...

Just so you know, Susie, Ludovine is beautiful but it is a really lightweight coat.

I have to get passport photos today and may not make it to Mayle after all. I have no idea where to go and googling places is useless. I am British and our passport photos are different from American ones, but the little machines we use are ubiquitous at home but invisible here. Time is of the essence if I am to get home for Christmas too. Hopefully, I can get them done at the UPS Store near Penn Station and then head over to Mayle.