Sunday, January 16, 2011

30 in 30

A few days ago, I embarked on my yoga studio's challenge--30 classes in 30 days and you get 30% off the next month's card. It will be difficult, maybe impossible, to complete given my teaching schedule and the fact that the times I'm free don't necessarily coincide with any classes being offered. So far, I've completed three classes--yoga, pilates and gentle yoga (basically lying down on the floor doing next to nothing). I've only done pilates twice and each time I've felt it in my abs for days (I currently ache from Friday night). But that's good as my core is a weak point and my waistline vastly expanded since Christmas, along with my appetite. Plans are for two classes tomorrow morning and maybe a third tomorrow night. The studio isn't open Tuesday so I better get my classes in while I can, especially as this will be the last week before classes resume.

3 comments:

erica said...

love mat pilates. i try to do it a few times a week at home. it does amazing things for your legs, too. i've yet to do anything at a yoga studio, though.

Moya said...

I am glad to hear that it works for the legs too. I just got a very short bridesmaids dress to wear in April to my friend's wedding and hope it will give me more of an incentive to shape up.

I am doing mat pilates at the yoga studio and it really hurts. I hope it kicks me back into shape.

erica said...

pilates has been so wonderful for me. i'm much more conscious of my posture and find that i work my core even while sitting and typing out the dreaded chapters.

as for the legs, i've been a jogger for the past 15 years, and a cyclist for 8, and a month of pilates did more for my legs than all that previous exercise! just stick with it, but be careful not to overexert yourself. you'll be pleased with the results!