Monday, December 14, 2009

Rainy Sunday

Cindy was back so we braved the rain and checked out some sample sales. First, we looked at Rag and Bone. I always like the idea behind their work, their craftsmanship and some of their fabrics. I have a denim skirt from an early collection, which I like--especially for its details (lots of buttons at the back) but don't wear too often because it is a little stiff. I tried on a few things at the sample sale (which was heavily picked over) but the fit wasn't quite right. They seem to cut for girls without hips and also have a more monastic aesthetic (as Cindy put it) that isn't really me.

We then hit Helmut Lang--good discounts but still pricey and so not me--leather and masculine styles. The sale was right opposite the Target pop up shop--Cindy picked up the Rodarte ribcage dress which runs small and looked great on her.

The best items we saw were in Barneys. I'll post more on that later, but there were some new interesting items that made me feel more enthused about shopping.

After another trip to J Crew, we hit Macy's for yet more tights. Then home for fish tacos.

My outfit? Grey boots, Sienna Hue tights, black Club Monaco skirt, Lyell black scallop top, Club Monaco black chunky cashmere cardigan and my Odette. It rained so hard my feet were stained orange/red from the dye from my tights.

No comments: