Friday, December 4, 2009

More new arivals

In addition to working on another round of pesky job applications (that will be summarily ignored by search committees looking for the youngest, cheapest and trendiest candidate), I had a rare Friday treat. I met Cindy and Monica for lunch near Cindy's work. I wore my new Madewell jeans, a Pi organic striped long sleeved tee from Bird's sale this year, my new deep scoop Inhabit cashmere sweater, my old ankle boots (need to be replaced soon) and my brown tweed Lyell peacoat from FW 2006. The girls looked lovely as ever--Cindy in Mala, Monica in Nadege, and we had a lovely Thai lunch and chat.

I then headed off to J. Crew--I'd heard the long sleeved stripey tee shirts I love were on sale. Alas, I think others had beaten me to it (or maybe these are just more popular in NYC than elsewhere). I did find a pair of thigh high socks--I'd been looking for these for months but they had eluded all my efforts. I got the last pair in black--they were reduced to $9.99 which was great. If I can find a gray pair, I'll get them too, but I'm not hopeful. I went to a second J. Crew (Rockefeller Center) and did find a striped tee shirt, but it had finer stripes (black and gray) and wasn't quite the one I was looking for. It was very nice all the same and $19.99 so I was extravagant yet again. Mind you, this time last year, it was Mayle dresses and coats, not J. Crew t-shirts but it all adds up. I need shoes (desperately) but finding the ones I like online in stores and in my size (40-41, 10-11) eludes me. I have to find something soon as sandals and boots aren't a good substitute.

I received an email from Sephora with a $15 gift certificate inside so before heading home I picked up the Tarte lip gloss holiday sets. Tarte is free of parabens and other chemicals, so it's become one of my few default options. I don't want to take my big holiday set home as it is too bulky, so some of the lipglosses and my Korres eye pencils and deluxe eye shadows will have to be it.

I made one more GNC purchase (liquid cholorophyll) on my way to the F train. So far this week I've gotten L-Carnitine, Royal Jelly, co-enzyme Q-10, DHEA, baby aspirin, organic fish oil and various other supplements. At this point, it's quite comic looking at my various bottles on my chest of drawers. Hopefully they'll work!

2 comments:

Marti said...

Moya you are scoring! You know if you are in the shop and they don't have what you want - they can send it to you (free shipping). I need to hit JCrew to get Jon a cardigan for xmas.

Moya said...

Thanks Marti. I didn't know that--I'd heard horror stories about high shipping costs for using the red phone service. I do want just one more of the stripey long sleeved t-s in navy and white, and another pair of the thigh high socks. I feel so greedy.