Monday, December 14, 2009

No. 6

As I mentioned, yesterday Cindy and I found a couple of beautiful items in Barneys Co-op, specifically dresses by No.6. It took me a while to put two and two together and realize that this was the brand that made the much coveted boots.

On returning home without a No. 6 dress, I decided I wanted one. I looked at their online shop (http://www.no6store.com) and searched in vain for online boutiques stocking their dresses other than Barneys. Cheaper than Lyell, and more wearable for everyday, these are the nearest thing to must have dresses I've found since Mayle closed. They have a small collection, but there are several items I covet. Here are a few:



 

 


Today, I sneaked away at lunchtime, met Cindy in Barneys and picked up the London dress in black velvet, with floral silk sleeves covered in lace overlay. It is my Christmas present from Mum and Dad and was on sale. We both loved the mini dresses, but all the size 2s had sold out--they only do size 1 (2-4) and 2 (6-8).



This is my new dress. You can't really see the detail (Barneys has it online and there is a magnification function) but it is really beautiful--deep silky black velvet and silk floral sleeves and back covered in lace. It's certainly a collection to look out for. I think most of the dresses other than the one I bought have pretty much sold out in a size 2, but I'll be on the lookout for more items and report on my findings when I return to NYC in January.

Today's outfit? Functional. Stripey J. Crew long sleeved t, Madewell jeans, ankle boots, Fletcher by Lyell scallop cardi and Mayle Emanuelle jacket.

7 comments:

miss sophie said...

lovely! i've seen no.6 dresses here and there at barneys co-op and, like you, only recently realized they were the in-house line of the lovely les boutique! still regretting that i didn't pick up a lovely printed silk shirtdress from last summer...

Marti said...

That dress is lovely! I have always wondered about the dresses. I love the clog boots but they are so not me! Cant wait to see picks of you wearing it!

Christina said...

The first dress is gorgeous! I'd love to see photos of you styled in the velvet frock. Your kitties are going to love that one! Get out the lint rollers! ;)

The dresses from Monteiro's spring line are lovely as well. In my opinion, his strongest season yet. Hopefully, a shop in Dallas will pick up his line soon!

C L said...

Moya I've been fan of No.6 for a while and they are great..
I am in love with their boots, so comfy I had to buy for my mom too!

erica said...

i saw those dresses at stuart and wright and thought they were really beautifully made. the first one has such amazing details.

JEFFREY SCONCE said...

That's a beautiful dress alright...but that model is clearly high on heroin!

louise or valentine said...

beautiful!
i must check them out