Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Shopping: Nearly Done

Just a brief update before I head into school. Yesterday I took most of the day off to do some more Christmas shopping and to meet with a friend and then have dinner with my cousin, Alex and his friend who are on holiday in NYC.

I misjudged the weather--the cold snap (or winter as it's called) that starts today. Yesterday was actually quite warm as I discovered after I wrapped up in a number of layers that I ended up depositing in my book bag. My final version of my outfit was still too warm--Lyell scallop lace blouse from FW 08, black brocade high waisted tulip skirt with slight leopard print from Club Monaco, bought on sale on Saturday, sienna Hue tights, gray boots, Sveva and Odette. I met my friend Mike for lunch, spent two hours discussing academia, politics and our work plans, then bought the rest of Mum's Christmas present, presents for my sisters-in-law, and some gym shorts and argyle socks for me in the sale. I also got a fabulous J.Crew bracelet I've lusted after on sale--pictures to follow.

Then I met Alex and his friend Paul at Grand Sichuan then headed home. Today is going to be freezing--and long. I have no idea what to wear--a decision I have to make now.

1 comment:

Marti said...

Moya I am right there with yu! its 20 degrees here!!