Friday, August 28, 2009

New Fall Dress


Clothing should not be one of my priorities for fall. Books, babies, jobs are far more significant and, obviously, I'd rather be pregnant with a healthy baby more than anything right now.

But I cannot help myself. I have a fall wishlist, although most of it is unavailable. Right now, I'm seeking a Mayle Ikeliene dress, size 8, Mala size 10, Vanya in pink, ice blue or cobalt blue dalmatia, size 10. If you have one, or know somebody who wants to part with theirs, please let me know.

Otherwise, I do need shoes. I'm also interested in getting another pair of boots, and I'm always interested in more colored tights and interesting cardigans. As for basics, I'm always looking for a fitted black cashmere turtleneck sweater and a fitted round neck long sleeved black cashmere turtle neck to wear with box pleat black miniskirts (including my lovely Lyell silk one--so nice, I have two of them), fitted black pants, jeans, denim skirts (I could do with a new a-line one that's about 4 inches above the knees) and, in the depths of winter, wide leg pants.

Despite my efforts to economize, yesterday I started my fall shopping. I had no plans to buy anything but I checked the Gilt Filipa K sale (originally I was interested in their Malin and Goetz sale but the cleanser I wanted was bundled with a moisturiser with no SPF). I found the dress above and had to get it. It fits in with the kind of cosy but sleek basics I turn to in fall and will work so well with my new Fiorentini and Baker gray boots, my Chie Mihara ankle boots from last fall, my Olympe and Vera coats, colored tights and cardigans.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Gorgeous dress - it will look perfect on you! Which Chie Mihara boots do you have? I'm thinking about ankle boots for this fall and am leaning that direction.

Cindy said...

HOT - love this dress, you can wear it when you're preggers!

Marti said...

Gorgeous dress!!!

Moya said...

Thanks! I hope I get preggers so I can wear it then too.

Leanne, I have a pair from last year. They remade almost the same ones this season--here's a link to the pair I have (and it looks like they are pretty discounted):

http://www.endless.com/Chie-Mihara-Womens-Perdon-Ankle/dp/B0016C19JW/178-4254929-6604656?ie=UTF8&tag=endlesscj-20&suppressRedirect=1