Friday, August 7, 2009

I'm back

What a great holiday! I had a blast with family and friends. I had very little computer access so I was able to distance myself from the travails of work and real life, although I did sporadically check ebay when I was at my parents' house. My mother had a great birthday. I made it to the beach, London, galleries, museums, parks, stately homes, kids' movies, saw friends, ate wonderful food (my acupuncturist would be pleased with the amount of organic fruit and veg and fresh fish I ate) and realized how much better English strawberries are than the ones we get here.

Photos will follow. No Mayle anywhere to be found in London, although I didn't devote my trip to looking. I did get a nice new All Saints dress that is very Vivienne Westwood. Observations on British style (at the moment, it's quite good and not like NYC fashion at all), food, history, V and A exhibits to follow. I had some fun times with my dear friend Sarah and befriended the wife of an illustrious British rock star (admittedly his music isn't to my taste--he's one of Yes--but his family are lovely).

Today I recover from getting in at 11.30 p.m. and head over to a gallery in LIC this afternoon to a friend's art opening. I'm going with Alyssa--we all went to grad school together--and I think he has no idea I'll be there so it promises to be fun.

Next week's agenda: finish the book and move to Queens. This has been a crazy summer.

5 comments:

leanne said...

Welcome home!

lorochills said...

moya welcome back...cannot wait to see some pictures!!!!

C L said...

Hi Moya Welcome back!
Hope you had a great time in London - it's funny I was there for a weddding and I also got a dress from AllSaints!
It was one of those high-street shop I HAVE to check out in London, I can skip TOPSHOP but not AllSaints.
They have good knits and good quality dresses..

Cindy said...

London sounds amazing, I hope I get to visit soon! I am so curious about AllSaints - if you ladies are loving it, it's all the vetting I need to get psyched.

Marti said...

Moya your trip sounded amazing!!! Again jealous. I love London.