Saturday, August 15, 2009

Moved!

With the assistance of some amazing and cheap movers (lonestar paul, highly recommended--email me if you ever need a good NYC mover), I have finally moved. The pile of clothing in the bedroom amuses Evan no end--some of it is in bags, some in boxes, some in garbage bags. I feel somewhat embarrassed, especially as virtually none of it is Mayle.

So, tonight with 2/3 of the boxes unpacked (books, dvds and some of my vintage magazines--mainly 1960s Playboys for my gender research), we're going to watch three episodes of Mad Men. The apt. looks like a library--no room for style with all these books. I'm wearing my Lyell berry print romper and Mayle wedges in ivory to regain some sense of myself after all the dust and hard labor. Thankfully yesterday wasn't boiling hot.

8 comments:

lorochills said...

congrats on the move moya.. your outfit sounds so great and i am happy the moving tons of stuff went well...i myself am very excited for the new mad men...a new season finally

Marti said...

Moya- doesnt it feel so good to be partially unpacked? Its my favorite part of moving!!! I hope that you guys love your new place. We are close on a place in NW 23rd - 1192 Sq feet and I can hardly wait!

UM said...

Congratulations Moya and enjoy your new home!

Elena said...

Moya,

I'd love to know the info for your mover--I have yet to find an inexpensive one in the city that does a good job. Thanks!

Moya said...

Elena--his name is Paul and he's at lonestar.paul[at]gmail[dot]com. He's really nice and really good. You can tell him I recommended him.

Elena said...

Thank you--I really appreciate it!

Christina said...

I hope your new place has bigger closets! :)

Moya said...

Thanks everybody. I actually have even less closet space so I have to buy a wardrobe this week. I'm also sorting clothing to send to the Salvation Army and even sell (ebay and the general economy blog, maybe even here). No Mayle, however. Just the things I don't wear, need or fit into--much of it unworn.