Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Eleven boxes packed

I'm making progress but it is crushingly hot and humid, not the best weather to move. I collected about 30 boxes today from Rite Aid and from outside a Polish deli and sneaker store, but given that it has taken me 11 of the admittedly smaller boxes to pack my dvds and CDs, I'm not optimistic that I have enough of them. Blue is climbing over everything, I have 4 bookcases of books to pack. I threw out about 10 bags of stuff (many large) but I sense I have only scratched the surface. As for clothing, it's nearly all packed but how many Rebecca Taylor, Tibi, Marc, Jill Stuart pieces did I buy because they were cheaper than Mayle and then not wear them much. I have to sell some of it but I'm unsure if it is worth the effort. I'm now beginning to get to that point where the packed items take up far more room than they will when unpacked.

I have four bags of stuff for the Salvation Army too. I have no idea when I'll have the time to drop them off. It maybe after the move.

I went to acupuncture today and noticed that my amazing acupuncturist does something different each time. It's clearly a dynamic process and I noticed the herbs change too. I nearly fell asleep today and it started to hurt when the needles go in. This is good as it means the qi is stronger. I think she's a miracle worker because I'm calm amidst this storm. Somehow, I'm both energized and relaxed and finally understand what being grounded and centered feels like.

Evan has been in SF for a conference since Friday. I can't wait for him to get home.

2 comments:

erica said...

ugh, nothing worse than moving during the humid days of summer.

i know what you mean about buying things that you never wear when you could have saved up and bought what you really wanted in the first place.

glad to hear that acupuncture is going well for you. maybe i need some of this 'grounded and centered'ness, too!

Marti said...

Moya I am so happy that your acupuncture isgoing well! stay positive - I would take your salvation army bags to buffalo exchange. seriously you would be surprised what you can get for old stuff. I am all about monotizing these days