Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Poupette necklace and another find

Early this evening, Cindy and I met up with Geri from Poupette to pick up our custom necklaces. Cindy's has a small disc imprinted with a diamond and it appears to float on a chain; I had an M (for obvious reasons!), again with a small diamond, hanging at a 45 degree angle on its chain. Both are delicately worked in the most beautiful pinky 14 ct rose gold (a true rose rather than a yellowy red). I'm thrilled with my second beautiful piece from Poupette. Geri's custom work is very reasonable, barely any more than her already reasonably priced stock. I don't usually do this, but you should check her out at http://www.poupettenyc.com. I also rarely wear jewelry. I don't like to spend a fortune on accessories and I know what I like--vintage items, old lockets (again in rose gold), and the delicate artisan jewelry that Geri specializes in. She's also really nice, which is always a bonus. And she owns a Fabiana dress in Amalfi!

Other than that, I got Danya from INA. I know I don't need it (I have Marguerita and Mariya and Katia which all have some resemblance to it), but I got it anyway. It was a shade under $175 with tax so I'm officially going to start keeping a wish list from this point on so I only get the Mayle I can't live without. From now on, discipline will reign. The book will be done, the medical treatment endured so I can have Evan's and my baby, and I will start saving again.

4 comments:

Marti said...

Congrats on Danya! One of my favorite dresses - so special. I love that you found it at a good price as well!!!!

Biscuit said...

danya is so beautiful; sounds like a great find! you can always resell it on ebay if you decide against it.

hope your birthday was lovely!

Cindy said...

Moya, I can't say enough about that necklace that you got! I'm wearing melia today with my new poupette necklace, feeling good...

Christina said...

would love to see a photo of your new necklace. I'm happy you found danya, one of my favorite dresses from fall but seems hard to come by.