Monday, July 6, 2009

Pictures to follow

After major searching,I found my missing camera charger (and my Envirosac bag), so some pictures of my most recent finds will follow.

On Friday, Cindy and I went to the Mayle showroom to pick up our bags. I got the indigo full sized Billie bag, which is lovely. I've never owned a Billie and really wanted one. The bag is beautiful, and if I could chose a color, this would have been it, with the loden green as a close runner up, a color that wasn't on offer. Cindy got the purple suede Baby Billie and a Toro Baby Billie, both of them stunning. I just carry too much junk in my wallet to go for the smaller bags. Indeed, in grad school, one of my friends would randomly pull receipts from my wallet to see how old they were. I try not to stuff it so much these days, but old habits--and fear of identity theft--die hard.

Besides bags, there was a limited amount of merchandise left over from the sample sale. I got a dress based on the Avignon, the Santa Theresa dress. Basically, it's the Avignon cut (the shorter, re-edition version) in the tan striped silk used for Mia and the body of Anahi with black silk and black lace trim (so there is some influence from the Therese dress). It uses the same black lace seen on the SE Therese reeditions on the shoulders with black silk bordering the upper part of the v-neck, finished with a black and gold button on each side. There's also a black silk tie at the waist. I hadn't planned on getting yet another Mayle dress so soon, but this may be the last for a while, given the shortage of stock in NYC consignment stores and on ebay.

I will put pictures up later today. I'll also share pictures of my lovely Poupette necklaces.

No comments: