Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Be careful

I was washing my hands while wearing Santa Thereas and noticed a few drops of water had fallen on the skirt. I thought it was no big deal, but then realized two hours later that these had become significant water stains. The tie on the dress also needs to be resewn. Be careful if you have this dress. Get the tie reinforced and realize that this beautiful fabric should not go anywhere near water. I think they aren't that noticeable, but I know a $10 dry cleaning bill is in my near future--and a repair job too. I think this won't be making the trip to England with me, alas.

3 comments:

Marti said...

Moya, thanks for the tip. I am taking some stuff to be altered, so this is making the trip tomorrow!

Moya said...

Seriously, get the dress reinforced where the tie is sewn onto the body, Marti. Mine came undone after one wear. The tie itself is secure, but it is sewn to the under-layer of the faux wrap and that's where it's coming apart after one wear.

Christina said...

I hope those water stains come out at the cleaners.