Monday, June 29, 2009

Back in circulation

Other than the three papers I know are coming in late, I'm finished with teaching and grading for the summer. Today, I graded a few of the stragglers, then headed in to see what was left of the Lyell sample sale. Because of grading (and a new, earlier deadline for said grades), I had to spend the weekend working and missed the first days of Lyell's sale, as well as Erica, Leon and Matthew's visit to NYC.

When I got to the sale, it was pretty heavily picked over. This was hardly surprising given the prices--most dresses $100-150, tops $50-200, most under $100 and raincoats for a mere $100. Of course, the cardigans I loved were all gone on Saturday, as were the cotton tops I liked. But the number one item I coveted--the berry print romper--was still there. At first, I couldn't get into it as the zipper was short (I tried a black linen embroidered romper and it fit perfectly, but it had a long zipper). The small zipper was likely why the romper hadn't sold. After the friendly SA laid the two garment on top of each other, I could see the berry romper was actually a shade larger, somehow wriggled into it and it was perfect. At $100 reduced from $420, it was a deal, and I splurged.

I am going to return the twenty8twelve dress to elux, though. It is a shade too big. Evan was surprised as he liked it but I just didn't think it was going to get enough wear. I am getting a Rio Plata dress from Septieme Etage, so I need to make sure I don't spend too much as this requires some economizing (says the girl who just bought a romper).

Since Mayle's sample sale, I've bought two dresses and two tops, including the Clothilde and Stella that were on my wishlist. Then there is the Billie bag that I'll hopefully pick up next week, so that's far from limited shopping. Somehow, I'm not really finding anything on ebay, nor am I finding anything at the outnet. My few consignment stores finds and purchases from friends seem to be adding up...

7 comments:

LivKate said...

The romper is adorable! Excellent choice.

Biscuit said...

Glad you are getting the rio plata dress. I have it and the details on it are so gorgeous! Can't wait to see pictures of it!

Cindy said...

So excited about that romper and how you'll be transforming it for winter. I love summer clothes in winter disguises best!

Marti said...

Moya, that romper sounds awesome! Bo teardrop lace? Glad you are getting the rio plata. I emailed with victoire ALOT today! Def return the twenty8twelve, its not going to have the same value/ specialness that teh rio plata dress will. You should also ask Victoire about teh blue dress, I bet it ends up becoming available!

Moya said...

Marti--I looked for you. The only teardrop lace was the tops and they were only in 0 and 2 (and they looked like baby clothes). I would have texted you if there had been anything--I'm so sorry.

I love summer clothes for winter too. I will photograph the rio plata--and post photos of Rosamelia--as soon as I find my camera charger. Along with my envirosac shopping bag, it has gone missing. I have no idea why those two unrelated items have disappeared.

Marti said...

Thanks for looking for me Moya, I feel like that top/dress and I were not meant to be. so glad you got the rio plata dress!!!

lorochills said...

congrats on the lyell romper and the mayle rio plata, i also have been craving for something in that print...lucky you and a soon as you get it...pictures would be appreciated :)