Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Summer School

Sorry for the silence--I am teaching two classes of summer school. It's the four week session, so each meets three times a week. Basically, I only have time to eat, teach, prep classes, grade, sleep so the blog will be updated only intermittently for the next week or two.

I do have two Mayle for sale items to post (watch this space)--a Jemeen and a Reiko re-edition. I'll also post photos of my altered Rosamelia and my new Clothilde.

But this will have to wait until I can grab my breath. Thursday I don't teach but I do have to go to the DMV and renew my driver's license before that privilege is forever suspended.

It's midnight. I just prepared two lectures and haven't finished my dinner yet. Eight hours and it all starts again. Good night!

8 comments:

joyce said...

good luck with your week!

any hints on the colorway/size of the jemeen?

Marti said...

MOya, I hope that you are able to get some rest and taht these kids arent brats!

erica said...

sounds like you have your hands full right now. three times a week is rough, especially if the preps are from scratch.

i hope you're able to take a breather on the weekends, i know how hectic teaching can be!

LivKate said...

I am exhausted just from reading your hectic schedule. I hope you will find some down time. Hope to see you soon.

Jen said...

hi moya, i just received an anais dress in purple (size 10, NWT) that i bought on ebay. it just doesn't work on me, and i thought i'd ask you if you might be interested in the dress. if so, just email me at jennkeam@msn.com

mel said...

moya - i totally sympathize! i'm teaching two classes as well (luckily the same course), but it takes every breathing moment it seems. but thankfullly it will me over in one month! just think it will be over soon. good luck!

Moya said...

Thank you, everybody. The students are actually pretty good but I'm teaching two different classes and one is an entirely new prep (the last time I taught it I was in grad school and we taught from notes given to us by the professor--now long lost). Plus both have grading each week--and one is writing intensive, so that's a killer.

It will be over soon--as I told a class of tired students last night, we're half way through. By this point, I think I've lost a few students, but with 11 hours of class in three days, I can understand why some are dropping by the wayside. But getting home at 10 p.m. and having to work until midnight or later on class prep is pretty exhausting. And forget the book, I'm not able to get anything done--I hope I can do something on Fridays (and part of Saturday). Obviously that was out last week with Becca's Bat Mitzvah.

Jennifer--thank you!

lorochills said...

moya- hang in there and i hope you get a bit more time for yourself and hopefully we will get better weather soon...