Sunday, May 31, 2009

And then there's Sunday

Today was spent largely outdoors and involved way too much eating. Evan's mother and stepfather came in from Long Island to take us to dinner. We went to La Flor in Woodside where I had this amazing salmon, various vegetables, guacamole dish. It was basically like a Mexican bibim bop, laid over mashed potatoes rather than rice and served hot. I'm still full--I also had a huge slice of flan even though I didn't need more food. I wore Leda and the prefall cardigan with Africana flats and felt like this was my first real summers outfit, even if the weather was inconsistent (hot, rain, warm, breezy).

Before that, I met my friend and colleague Christine who was visiting at NYU this spring and is headed back to England next Sunday. I will miss her going away party as I'll be in Boston for Rebecca's Bat Mitzvah Friday night services/dinner/reception (the big day is on Saturday). We sat outside in the sun in Washington Square Village gardens, admired the squirrels, talked about work and life and ate pastries from Bruno bakery. Then we walked around the revamped Washington Square Park, before the rain started and I headed out to Queens.

Now I have to continue prepping classes and book a ticket to England for July. I'm hoping my food coma will abate so I can start thinking again. I really did eat too much today--especially if you include the French toast and smoothies we had for breakfast. No wonder the size 8 Clothilde is a little tight!

I'm thinking I may really have to try to lose 5 lbs this summer...

4 comments:

Marti said...

Moya, that sounded like a divine day. As for teh 5 pounds, cut out sugar and it will drop. I actually just splurged today and shared Max's ice cream!

Now, your going to Boston? You have to sneak away and go to the closet! they have so much mayle stuff (on occassion) and they dont ship.

tamara said...

hi moya,
i sent you an email today about a mayle coat i'm looking to sell if you're interested. Did you get it?
tamara
(tbenveniste@hotmail.com)

Moya said...

I did! I am so sorry I didn't get back to you--I'm teaching a ridiculous summer school schedule (in class nearly 8 hours a day and I have to prepare two lectures a night), so I'm behind on everything. I will get back to you--I am so sorry.

tamara said...

No problem, Moya! just let me know by sunday if you can, so i can list it elsewhere if you're not interested. Thanks and i hope your work load improves!
t