Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Outnet disappointment

I was about to check out of the outnet yesterday with my size 10 Tana and the size 6 Gia and their software failed to recognize my password--the one I'd used less than two hours earlier. I tried several times, asked for a reminder (not that I need one--it's the password I use for my work email and computer access), received none. So I signed up again and in the interim somebody purchased the Tana. I was really upset, particularly as I missed out on the Vilna on the UK site that morning. To make matters worse, the size 10 Filipa pants I'd stalked for over a year on NAP had also sold. Then the Gia in 6 sold out as I decided to bite the bullet and get it, even though I may need an 8.

So, if you bought these, or have an 8 Gia for sale, and they don't fit you, please let me know so I can take them off your hands If you live in NYC, we can meet and that way you don't have to pay return shipping.

I'm so upset that a computer error on the Outnet's end caused these to slip away from me. I'd input all my addresses and cc info so I'd assumed I wouldn't have to sign in, create a new account and in that time, lose items that were near the top of my wishlist. I really hate the outnet for this. And, no, they did not respond to my email complaining about this bug on their end. Their customer service is pretty awful and they generally ignore emails. I feel conned and cheated--and angry I wasted so much time trying to fix this yesterday, as well as repeatedly logging in in the hopes that the items I wanted would reappear.

I wish stores would stock more 8-10. It's not surprising that all the larger sizes have now gone--no 8s, no 10s, but plenty of 2-4.

But I guess my call for more large size Mayle is moot given that there is no more Mayle, unless you have money for the SE gowns.

4 comments:

lorochills said...

i also logged on say my sizes waited and then it was all sold out...i guess you win some you loose some so jealous of whoever got the clothide..i love that blouse so much...again you are very lucky to have that one

i guess we just have to buy next time

oh and about the customer service that is ad to hear a i just read that there profits have been soaring for NAP

Moya said...

It turns out they actually deleted my account (or it was deleted) sometime between my logging in earlier that morning and trying to buy the Tana and Gia at 12.45. They don't know how it happened and resigned me up but that's all they can do. Any returns go straight back up to the site. The worst part is I would have got both items--they were still available. I had to go to class at 1 and both dresses were still in stock. They sold out by the time I had a break around 2 p.m. so this one was the outnet's fault and my bad luck.

I am sorry you didn't get anything, Loretta. All the decent stuff flew out of there--I think a lot of us must have been checking regularly and it's so frustrating that it all went so fast.

lorochills said...

agreed moya-i mean at first they didn't launch with mayle and then the put it up out of the blue.. just annoying really...

designerdiva55 said...

I absolutely hate the Outnet as do all my friends! We tried to give it the benefit of the doubt but its just let us down time and again. The layout is primitive but worst of all it seems to be a pretty packaged bunch of old odds and sods that net-a-porter can't sell for one reason or another! The sizes are all odd (usually teeny or ill fitting) and who knows (us fashionistas I guess!) just how old that dusty stock is?! Not so cutting edge now I fear...Avoid at all costs!