Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Disappointment

It's 1.24 am and I should be asleep. I've just finished writing one of my lectures for tomorrow and I'm unfortunately wired, so this seems as good a time as any to update the blog. As this makes clear, my schedule is crazy. I will be finished with teaching one week from tomorrow--and not a day too soon.

Today was a tough one too. I woke up last night to a scratching cat. Make that a sick, scratching cat, or rather two. Peeps had diarreah, then Blue vomited. I suspect they chewed on something forbidden (maybe a plant?) and I hope that was all. But suddenly, I had to tend to two sick animals. I realize how parents must feel as I tried to get back to sleep amidst my concerns that neither of my babies were well. As of now, they both appear better (Peeps just left my side, where she was gently snoring, to go and munch on some Wellness). Blue's somewhere, doing whatever naughty boy cats do when left to their own devices (I suspect it's sleeping).

Then I missed out on Mayle today, big time. Another long sad saga of obsession, waiting, and, believe it or not, computer error--not mine. It's all too sad to discuss here. I hope that size 10 Tana, 8 Vilna and a Gia in my size (whatever that turns out to be--6, 8 or 10) wends their way towards me one day soon.

In the meantime, I guess I do need the money for credit card bills and for acupuncture (I have to make an appointment soon) and, seemingly inevitably, IVF. At this point, it appears my hopes and desperate prayers for a healthy natural conception are in vain.

So, off to bed. In 8 hours, it will all start again. At least the weather hasn't teased my students with sunbeams and soft breezes. And I have got plenty of wear out of my dear Belda trench.

5 comments:

Marti said...

Moya, I am so sorry. When you guys told me about Leda I logged on immeadiatly and of COURSE it was gone. If I ever come across these in an 8, they are YOURS!

Its so funny I kept looking on the outnet for Mayle and none were ever there, then FINALLY something I wanted showed up and it was gone.

Marti said...

Oh yeah, and get some rest, and clear your mind. You need it for acupuncture!

Moya said...

Thanks, Marti--I'd like to talk to you about acupuncture some time as it's all so new to me.

I have been looking at the outnet since it started for Mayle. I know I was probably not alone, but I wasted so much time and had so much hope and then lost both items I wanted to a computer glitch on their end. I think we were all waiting for those last pieces and it is so upsetting to lose them like that.

Marti said...

I hear you. I wish I had re-snagged the leda. but just stay positive. it will reappear like the clothtilde... yes. email me about acupuncture!

Moya said...

I will. Thank you so much.