Wednesday, June 24, 2009

End of Summer School

So it finished tonight and I have to admit to some sadness. I'll miss the students--they were good, they dealt with the crazy schedule well. In the case of my public speaking class, they excelled under pressure, producing and delivering some of the best speeches I heard (and I've taught speech many times). I mentioned to the class that it was my birthday tomorrow (in a few minutes--another year older, alas) and they all wished me happy birthday. I received many sincere thank yous and a touching email from one student. It was an insane experience, but I was fortunate to share it with these people.

12 comments:

joyce said...

happy birthday, moya!

Cindy said...

Happy birthday! I'm so glad that your crazy schedule has come to an end. I hope you've scheduled some fun time for today!

Moya said...

Thank you, Joyce and Cindy! I'm really lazing around today. I've spoken on the phone to Jane, watched four Tivoed episodes of Chelsea Lately and one What Not To Wear and snuggled the cats. Hopefully I'll get to do a little shopping today before meeting Evan and his parents for dinner.

Biscuit said...

happy birthday! hope you have a wonderful day and that this coming year brings you many joys!

mel said...

happy bday, moya! (and end of teaching!) i still have 2 weeks to go :(

it's always nice to get sincere thank yous at the end of a class; it so rarely happens to me but it's absolutely thrilling when it does.

did you get a billy bag after all? if so, what color? they all look lovely in the pics. i'm still waiting for my call.

Christina said...

Happy Birthday, Moya! We share the same birthday! :) Enjoy the rest of your summer time off.

Moya said...

Happy birthday, Christina! That's such a coincidence.

Thank you for the birthday wishes Susie, Melissa and Christina. Melissa, I'm getting the indigo Billie. I've not had an individual call or email yet either, so I wouldn't worry.

erica said...

i hope you've been having a relaxing birthday, you certainly deserve it after all that work!

Unknown said...

happy birthday, moya!

C L said...

Happy Birthday Moya!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Moya!

Moya said...

thank you everybody!