Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Last Day of Summer School

While I am exhausted, I thought I should mark this with a post, no matter how brief. I have so many things to do other than teach--I have no time to make it to the post office and I couldn't get a card in the mail in time for Dad's birthday. I feel like a horrible daughter, but when I have to be in the middle of nowhere Flushing--and get a subway and a bus to get there--I have no time before work, no access to a mailbox while I'm there and when I get home after 10 p.m. everything is closed.

I look forward to returning to the real world, even if it means dealing with things like doctor's appointments that I was able to postpone while on my insane schedule.

3 comments:

erica said...

hooray, no more summer school!

we're coming to nyc this sat. for the day. any chance you'll be at the studio sale? our train leaves at 7pm, so we're going to the guggenheim in the afternoon, and then a quick dinner before we head home.

i'm sure we'll be back in the city later this summer when we have more time to plan a proper 2-3 day visit.

my parents asked me for a cd of high-res leon photos, but i'm finding it hard to set aside time for even that! don't feel bad, i'm sure your parents understand how hectic things have been for you this summer.

Marti said...

Moya, i totally feel your pain. even on day when I have max in daycare I am overwhelmed, i havent been to trader joes (a 10 minute walk) in 6 months! Its sometimes impossible to get everything done and your in NYC where things are open later. I totally sympathise with you!

Moya said...

I'd love to meet up Erica--let me know where the sale is being held and when you will be there

Marti--I am sorry you had such a tough week. It is crazy when you have no time to do anything, and then it all piles up, making it that much worse.