Friday, July 29, 2011

J Crew Delivery

My J Crew items just came--at long last--and I have to say, I'm pretty pleased with the orders. The shorts fit perfectly (which is a shame in a way as I went up a size but hopefully I will get back down to my fighting weight soon). I desperately need shorts, especially in this heat, even as this pair looked so large in their bag that I regret the cranberry corn scone I ate at the farmer's' market today (I'm guessing it was 500 calories) but I was hungry after a long morning at work.

The t-shirts are great (I got the Medium and could have even sized down, which made me feel good even if it just testified to vanity sizing), soft and well fitting. I'm particularly fond of the rust/blue striped colorway. The big hit is the striped sweater. I went up to a L to ensure the drapey look on the model and have to say it's fantastic. The cotton is light enough to wear on most summer days and it is as good as I hoped it would be on. My only doubts had come from the ready availability of this top in all colorways and sizes. I just think it speaks to the breadth of J Crew's customer base--I may not be looking for some of the preppy classics that many of the brand's fans love.

1 comment:

erica said...

ohh, scones, let's not think of what goes in them!

i've been eating a lot of nuts and fruit these days. not much appetite for much else in this heat.

glad to hear most things worked out, especially the striped sweater. i'm tempted to order a few things and have them sent to CA, where i'll be in 2 weeks.