Monday, July 18, 2011

Catching Up

Three and half weeks away has meant several things, not least 5 lbs weight gain and a loss in muscle strength. I went back to zumba and pilates this weekend and boy did I feel the pain in my abs. I also noted a distinct lack of coordination with zumba, which meant I got less of a workout. I did take some consolation in the fact that it was my abs (and to a lesser extent butt and thighs) that hurt after pilates, which meant I was doing the exercises right--and, as for zumba, it was a new routine so that meant I could hide behind an excuse of not knowing what I was doing. But I still notice the pounds and the weakness--although I walked a lot at home and went swimming, it wasn't the same.

I've nearly balanced my sleep schedule into something workable--not waking up at 4 and falling asleep at 8, but 6.30-10. I can live with that and want to maintain something of that order as long as possible. The plan is to write like crazy in the mornings and afternoons, then go to yoga/zumba/pilates, then eat, rest, sleep. Again, possibly easier said than done.

I'm going to try to be organized. My mid-summer's resolutions are to cook more at home, using the fresh produce available at the farmers' markets and Whole Foods, cut out the chocolate/cookies and pastries I too easily consumed while home, work hard, spend less, and clean out clutter and closets.

1 comment:

Marti said...

45 minutes of cardio 4 times a week - and try the tracy anderson dvds - my friend lost 20 pounds in a month!