Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Conference Report

I have to say that I had one of the most enjoyable conferences yet. It's been a decade since I went to Glasgow so it was almost like going to a new city and I got a chance to look around before spending my time immersed in Cinema and TV studies.

The papers were generally very strong, I got to see some old friends and make some new ones. I also got to hang out with my fellow panelists from the US who were all lovely people (as well as giving great papers). One of them is one of my all-time favourite scholars and the paper she delivered was so beautiful, elegant and smart that it was a model of the best kind of scholarship. I had no email access which was actually rather nice--time to read, talk and engage with others. Plus the sun shone, which was evidently a first for Glasgow this summer. I look forward to going back next year and hope to see the same folks again.

No comments: