Wednesday, October 6, 2010

More Mayle

It's another busy week but I sneaked into Mayle before office hours--it is just two blocks away from work which may or may not be a good thing.

A few more pieces are in. The Sylvestre blouse comes in black silk, the ivory/pink silk and the floral used for the as yet unseen Leilani dress from the lookbook. It has a seventies feel (more Helmut Newton 70s with some romantic touches, rather than leisure suit 70s) and has a deep v-neck, covered buttons up the front and on the sleeves, a gentle ruffle around the neck and a ruffle detail near the top of the sleeves. It is fitted at the waist, has a peplum and slight dolman sleeves. It is very pretty but not too sweet and costs $495. It also runs big--a 6 was fine on me and the 8 drowned me.

A must-have military style coat is in--or rather the prototype is. Jane is making adjustments and it is currently only for pre-order. It made me feel glamorous and I imagine it may be another splurge.

A romper/jumpsuit has come in--again, the prototype. It has spaghetti straps with a kind of halter effect with another strap going around the back. It buttons up the front (covered buttons), has a pair of loosely draped ruffles at the front and skinny legs with buttons at the bottom that are cut like the leather pants with a slight ruffle. It is $575 and comes in black and in the floral used for Leilani and the Sylvestre blouse.

I also saw that they had some grey pants--one cropped with a deep cuff. As these were not on the rack I doubt they are the production versions. Most merchandise is still pre-orders.

2 comments:

jennifer said...

How convenient (and potentially dangerous) for you that the downtown location is just a couple blocks from NYU!

I'm so curious to see the Sylvestre blouse and the new coat in person. I tried on the new Vera coat when I stopped by last week, but the style didn't look right on me. Perhaps I should have sized down like you did.

Moya said...

I know--it is so tempting but fortunately I'm so busy I can only really make it in on Tuesdays and Fridays.

The sylvestre blouse is lovely but runs big. I actually preferred it in the black as I could see the details.

I sized down to a 4 in the coat and am usually a 6-8 in Jane's coats. It runs big.