Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Bright and Sunny

It's such a perfect day--blue skies and dry warmth--that it seemed appropriate to wear a similarly sunny dress, like my Federica in persimmon. Orange is such a happy color and so much easier to wear than most people think.

Not that I'm going to be out and about much--I have to finish proof-reading and editing my first book chapter. As luck would have it, it happens to be the weakest of the seven, partly because of the lack of really strong materials (a historiographic issue--evidence isn't always as good as we'd like). While I've considered jettisoning it many times, I think I need it, so it stays, but I'd love to start on more of a stronger note. Hopefully by the end of the day, it will be more compelling--at least, I think I'm making headway on the necessary improvements. The game plan is to have it all done by June 1 and then start on the second book. I'm hoping for a fun but structured summer.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Congrats on the near completion of your book! You'll have to post a snippet for us to read here on the blog!