Saturday, March 6, 2010

Never-ending work

Most days this week, I've put in 13-14 hour work days. It's leaving me irritable and a feeling a little overwhelmed. I am falling behind on minor tasks as I try to juggle the big ones (book, conference paper, then course prep). I don't really have the time to sneak down to Film Forum for Mantrap--it's a good job I got my ticket last week as I'd otherwise spend the day working. I am going to enjoy the film but wish I could just take a proper day or two off to tend to myself--my free time seems to be spent either cleaning house or running errands. Once this book and conference paper are finished, I'm going to have a weekend to myself.

5 comments:

Lya de Putti said...

A weekend to yourself is just what you need doll - put it in your diary and stick to it! What's your email address choochie face? I'll send Ida's Mousse recipe xxx

Moya said...

I'll email you, Jenny I need to taste that mousse! And over the break I am going to test those recipes for you. I also need to write to Tim--he sent me these amazing pictures of him, Sue, Max and Sadie in the snow. I just haven't had the time.

lorochills said...

moya enjoy the movie...yes i guess with your hectic schedule you shouls try to indulge in little things for the moment and hopefully that weekend will be hear soon...

i am headed to cali at the end of this week its suppose to be nice but not complaining about the east coast as it has really been nice

Christina said...

You seriously need a TA to assist you with the workload! I hope you will be able to breathe when spring break rolls around. Hang in there and take care of yourself!

作弊 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.