Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Near Miss

Last fall, I tried on the Hera blouse from Holiday 08 and fell in love with it. It was a little pricey so I waited for reductions. When it was 40% off, I tried it on again and decided it was a must. But as Elise said, it was still as much as a dress. There was one Hera left, a size 10, which happened to fit me perfectly. It lingered for a while but just before the next markdown, it vanished. It's been on my wish list ever since.

Last night, it turned up on ebay in an 8. I needed the back measurements so I could guarantee it would fit me. Alas, someone else wanted it quickly, although I came very close to snagging it.

This means I'm still in the market for Hera in a 10. Again, I'll put out the call but it seems that, like Ikeliene (size 8), Vanya in dalmatia (size 10) and Mala (size 10), the owners aren't selling--at least not yet.

On another note, I received my Filipa K dress today. It is a really nice fabric--not a jersey but something stiffer. I may have been able to go down a size as the sleeves and top are a bit roomier than I'd expected, but the dress is great. I'm not a model and therefore it doesn't look identical to the picture but in many ways, it's better than expected--less indecent, better fabric and it will certainly be warm and versatile for the fall. When I have a camera, I will post photos. Or I'll borrow Evan's when I can work out how to use his timer.

Acupuncture today was as good as ever. I'm on another set of herbs and evidently my pulse is stronger and my diet/food journal had a lot of good things in it. I have to cut back dairy further--which basically means only one day a week for chocolate and ice cream. Does pastry contain dairy? I need something for desert and I am thinking raspberry or blackberry apple pie. My baking skills could do with a quick refresher. I'm also thinking about making gingerbread or ginger nuts. I love ginger and am not particularly fond of cinnamon like most English people.

2 comments:

Marti said...

Moya, I envy your ability to adapt to diets as the doctor instructed. I am supposed to do it - and I have barely been able! I am pretty sure there is no dairy in pies... flous, water etc.....and I of course will be on the lookout for your pieces.

Moya said...

Thank you, Marti. Believe me, it's tough. I really want to be able to have some chocolate and I can only have it one day a week. I am totally addicted to chocolate--English milk chocolate--which I used to eat most days. But I've given up caffeine, alcohol and fruit juices so I guess I can do it. It will also help with weight loss, so that's a plus. But it isn't easy--if I didn't want a baby so much, I wouldn't do it.