Sunday, September 27, 2009

Mayle for Sale, Part XII

This time, I'm selling a few things myself. If you are interested, send me an email or leave me a comment. I can send you measurements on request.



First, my Thea in putty, size 8. This makes me sad but it's time for reality. I love this dress. I've never worn it. It still has the tags attached and is in brand new condition. Alas, it runs small and would fit a 6 better than an 8. Even my recent weight loss has not helped as this dress is meant for someone with a narrower ribcage and shoulders. I hate parting with a dress that was a big favorite, but maybe some day, the 10 will turn up. It needs to be worn and loved. My camera is broken, but I'm going to borrow Evan's and take some photos.


 

 


Second, my Suvi top, Fall 07, size 10, pictured above (the first picture is a full length view, then there is the front, then back). Because of the color, the details are lost, but there are tiny pockets at the front. It is a silk wool crepe and fully lined. I wore this once and wore it briefly. It is lovely but too similar, I fear, to my Paradiso Mitsuko (almost identical cuts), and that is the top I pick up when I want something like this. As I have acquired a couple of covets recently and am dealing with reduced closet space, it's time to sell this to someone who will love and wear it. It is trimmed with the winter lace used for Danya, which I also own, and is a lovely and rare piece (not featured in the look book).



Finally, Lina, my knitted dress/sweater dress from Fall 07/pre Fall 07--again, pictures will follow after I borrow Evan's camera). I love it but it doesn't love me--the buttons on the sleeves and neck are touches that I couldn't resist. But I have an allergy to wool (well, to lanolin) and bought this because it was so pretty and figured it wouldn't matter (the same logic that convinced me to buy shoes that were a size too small). But my skin resists: the lanolin content must be high and it has to go. It is a Medium, and would fit a size 6-8 easily. Worn once for about 10 minutes, to pick up the New York Times from the lobby.

The blue dress is sold--if you are interested in the top, please leave a comment. Thank you!

1 comment:

erica said...

i love your thea, but you knew that already! oh if only i didn't have to spend over $400 on baby traveling gear, plus car repairs. ugh. it's sad that things for leon continue to trump my shopping plans. i wouldn't even know what a fair offer for this piece would be, but i'm sure that someone else will snap it up immediately. i guess i'll continue to admire from afar.

the lina is gorgeous and perfect for fall, and the lace on the suvi is delicious. sigh.