Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Exhausted

I've been crazy busy with work--as can be seen in my relatively infrequent blog updates. Besides working on the book (one more chapter to edit--the worst one, which is also the first one before I do a second final read through), there's been teaching which has taken up a lot more time because of new preps, especially my German Cinema grad class.

I've had some bad Mayle luck recently--make that bad ebay luck. One package went missing (I still have hope but it's three weeks now). Another order didn't fit me at all, teaching me that size 6s from older seasons don't work on me as a general rule. But I did get the Makino top in dove from Fall 08 which is really great (and it fits me even though it's a 6).

Acupuncture is helping me to lose weight--not a goal, but not unwelcome, as I already mentioned. As for getting pregnant, that hasn't happened. I thought I was over feeling bad about this, but I think that's wishful thinking. As I write this, I'm mourning that nothing seems to work. It's been only 7 sessions (8th today) so I realize this is premature but I want to move on with my life and this is holding me back. I am impatient to meet my child, I want him or her to have as long as possible with their grandparents, so I am pleading and praying let this happen soon.

2 comments:

erica said...

That's really terrible about the missing package. I hope you and the seller can work something out. Sizing discrepancies are holding me back from buying much on ebay, especially Mayle. I can't stop looking, though.

I am actually going to CA in Oct for a month or longer so Leon can spend time with his grandparents. He is growing so quickly, it would be a shame for them to miss out right now. I hope that your child can enjoy his or her grandparents' total affection for many many years. It really is amazing to see how complete their love is for each other. It doesn't hurt that they don't have to wake up 6-8 times a night to nurse him!

Marti said...

Moya, acupuncture will definately take time... if not months, but you are doing all the right things. The package I hope will arrive. I take it that it wasnt at the post office today? Plus look on the bright side, you have a $25 LouLou sweater being popped in the mail to you tomorrow!!!
xoxoxo