Thursday, April 12, 2012

A little splurge

Even though the book is in, work doesn't stop. But as I was at Union Square today, I popped into Sephora after acupuncture to pick up the Pantone tangerine nail polishes. I loved the glitter so much and would have bought it alone (or maybe with one of the other oranges) but you have to get all four together. Not that it's a huge cost--I love orange nail polish. I'm also going to wear my orange Federica dress to Evan's niece's Bat Mitzvah in a couple of weeks so a splash of orange glitter on my nails is a lot cheaper than a new frock.

I've been heartily underwhelmed by so much of the clothes on offer this spring (there's some nice Rag and Bone pieces but I don't have to own them) and have bought very little other than the Marni for H&M pieces. So nail polish is a good, cheap and doable splurge. I'm also tempted by some of the Chanel colours (my students have an amazing blue and I love the yellow from last summer). The Thakoon line for Nars also looks great. I suppose it is a relief that I'm more interested in something relatively cheap like nails than expensive dresses, however.

No comments: